Friday, October 16, 2020

Blog #3

1. How did you grow as a teacher this module?

 I feel that I have grown in my understanding of how to write lesson plans, and why specific steps in the process are necessary. In the reading, they talked about standards, benchmarks, goals and learning targets and some of the differences between those. They also went over blooms taxonomy and how as educators we need to keep the different steps in mind when writing our lesson plan. We aren't simply giving them information and hoping they remember, we need to make sure that they are comprehending, applying, analyzing, synthesizing and evaluating their knowledge. The chapter also talked about gathering evidence based information on our students and the ways to go about that. We can use different observational techniques, questioning, student work, and more to assess learning. 


    It seems to me that there is a lot that goes into teaching, and I always knew that, but now I feel like I am gaining an understanding of how to accomplish many of those things and breaking some of the tasks down into more manageable processes. 



2. What goals do you have around lesson planning that you want to focus on as you move through the program?

    I would like to focus on deconstructing the standards still, I need to become more familiar with the process. I also want to learn how to integrate some of the higher level thinking from blooms taxonomy. I think familiarizing myself with the entire lesson planning process is a goal or focus of mine, I'm a firm believer in practice makes perfect and mistakes are really new opportunities to learn and grow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

      I honestly learned so much this quarter. Even though we aren't actually in the classroom yet, there has been so much information. ...